Monday, May 5, 2008

Ranch Chicken Salad Sandwiches

If you are a ranch dressing lover like myself... you are going to love these!

This recipe does call for low-fat or fat-free ingredients but I use the real stuff!! : )

While I was visiting a friend a few months ago she introduced me to pre-cooked, cubed chicken breasts!! How easy would that be for this recipe!!? I keep forgetting to look for this in my grocery store to see if we have it - but after I made this tonight I thought that pre-cooked chicken would have come in real handy!

1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
3 tablespoons fat-free ranch salad dressing
3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 cups cubes cooked chicken breast
1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
1 tablespoon chopped green onion
6 hamburger buns, split
6 lettuce leaves
6 slices tomato

In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, sour cream, lemon juice and pepper. Stir in the chicken, celery, red pepper and onion until combined. Spoon 1/3 cup onto each bun bottom; top with lettuce and tomato. Replace bun tops

Yield: 6 servings.

Simple & Delicious - Jan/Feb 2007

3 comments:

Connie said...

I'll have a little chicken with that ranch. Can't wait to try this.

Love, Mom

The Rau's said...

i'll have to make these....jake will probably eat all 6 of them himself.
sounds yummy

Katie said...

Just made these for dinner and they were scrumptious! Quick, easy and yummy.