Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bruchetta

I modified this recipe from the Rachael Ray Show to my taste buds.  I tried it out on my in-laws and they gobbled them up in seconds!  This was actually one of the first times I was in the kitchen cooking since I had the baby!!

  • 1 loaf French bread
  • 3 ripe avocados
  • Juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 large clove garlic, mashed into paste
  • 2 pints grape tomatoes, chopped
  • 1/2 red onion, chopped
  • fresh basil, chopped
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • Salt and Pepper

Slice up the French bread into slices.  Toast the slices in the oven until golden and crisp.

Mix together the tomatoes, red onion, basil, EVOO, and salt & pepper to taste.  Set aside.

In a food processor mix together the avocadoes, lemon juice, and garlic.  Process until smooth.

Top the toasted bread with the avocado mixture and then top the avocado with the tomato mixture!

3 comments:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

Now that sounds delicious!

Connie said...

Yummy how about you try it on your outlaws :) you know how much I love avacados!!

jules said...

That sounds delicious. I will make this for sure.