Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Cubano Pork Chops

We grilled out a few nights ago and had these amazing pork chops! You gotta try these! I made grilled aspargus to go with it. Yum!

I let my pork chops marinade for about 3 hours! The first time I made this I did it for 5 minutes... and it just wasn't long enough. 3 hours was perfect!!

Cubano Pork Chops
Zest of 2 Limes
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons grill seasoning, such as McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander (I didn't have this... I used my dried cilantro)
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 bone-in pork loin chops

Preheat a grill or a grill pan to medium-high. In a shallow dish, combine the lime zest, brown sugar, grill seasoning, cumin, coriander and allspice and 3 tablespoons of the EVOO. Add the pork chops to the dish and turn to coat evenly. Let the chops hang out for 5 minutes, then grill until the meat feels firm and the juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes on each side with the grill top closed. If using a grill pan, tent the pan with aluminum foil and adjust the heat to prevent scorching.

rachaelraymag.com

No comments: