Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Orange-Sesame Pork Chops w/ Teriyaki Whole-Wheat Noodles

Jesse is a huge fan of Asian food. Me, not so much. So we don't get this type of meal too often in our house, but I will take the plunge every once in awhile to please the taste buds of my dear sweet hubby! And if I am going to be honest... I actually liked this one! Another perk- it was super easy and a super fast meal to make!

Orange-Sesame Pork Chops w/ Teriyaki Whole-Wheat Noodles
Serves: 4

Salt
1 pound whole-wheat or whole-grain spaghetti
5 tablespoons vegetable or light oil
5 boneless pork loin chop 1 1/2-inches thick
Freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons orange marmalade
6 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil (I omitted this)
1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
1 cup shelled, frozen edamame
1 tablespoon black sesame seeds or toasted sesame seeds, optional

Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for pasta, and cook pasta to al dente.

While pasta cooks, heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chops with salt and pepper and cook 6 minutes on the first side, 4 to 5 minutes on the second. Remove the chops to a plate and reserve, cover with foil. Add 3 tablespoons orange marmalade, a couple tablespoons teriyaki sauce and a 1/4 cup of water to the pan, bring the sauce to a bubble and combine 1 minute, stir in sesame oil remove from heat.

While the chop cooks, heat a second skillet with 3 tablespoons oil over medium high heat. Stir-fry the scallions and edamame a couple of minutes. Drain pasta and toss with scallions and edamame and remaining teriyaki sauce, about 1/4 cup. Sprinkle noodels with sesame seeds, if desired.

Slice pork or leave chop whole and top with orange-sesame glaze. Serve teriyaki noodles alongside.

foodnetwork.com

1 comment:

Katie said...

This was really good, both ben and I enjoyed it. I have sesame oil so I did use that which I always love and I had some asian noodles in the house so I used those instead of the wheat noodles.
YUMMO!